Facilitated by trained counsellors, our SCHW support groups offer safer spaces for you to express yourself and share experiences alongside fellow students at York. During these virtual sessions, you can feel free to participate as much as as little as you prefer. There are several benefits to attending these meetings, including:
- Learning that you are not alone in feeling a certain way;
- Increasing your awareness of proactive behaviours and coping strategies from interacting with others who may have similar concerns;
- Practicing and improving your interpersonal skills;
- Taking emotional risks with others that can prepare you to take similar risks outside of the group;
- Developing a feeling of cohesion, trust, and mutual support with fellow group members; and
- Making friends with other students on campus
Browse below to learn about each of these group offerings, and connect with us if you're interested in attending or simply want to learn more. We look forward to hearing from you!
Upcoming Group Sessions
Unsure about joining a support group?
That's okay. Individual counselling may be the way to go. During your appointment, feel free to ask your counsellor for recommendations and/or details regarding the group options we currently offer. If you're interested in connecting with other students in a different setting, feel free to email us at email@example.com for some advice, or browse through other student clubs and organizations at YorkU.