Services & Support
We at York University know that a great education requires a fine balance of academic success, personal well-being, terrific support services and a sense of community. You get all that at York!
We offer a variety services to help you achieve academic success. Here are some resources to help you in your studies.
- Learning Skills workshops to maximize your learning experience
- Drop-in sessions with Learning Skills Peers to talk strategies for success
- Get help with your studies in the Learning Commons
- Access the library's Research Guides
- View the Student Advising website to find and connect with available advisors
- Enhance your writing skills with the Writing Centre at LAPS
Our service provides accommodations and supports for students living with a disability (chronic or acute health or mental health condition, attention disorder, brain injury/concussion, Autism, physical or mobility disability, Deaf, deafened, hard of hearing, Blind, partially sighted, neurodiversity, and learning disabilities) that is impacting their academic participation.
- Register for academic accommodations
- Renew your accommodations with Student Accessibility Services
- Glendon Accessibility Services
- Not sure if this applies to you? Book a consultation appointment.
York University strives to provide services that ensure the safety of all its students.
Your physical and mental well-being is important to us. Whether it's getting involved in sports, or taking care of your mental well-being, here are some resources to get you started!
- Counselling services for students
- Get involved with York University Athletics Intramurals
- Glendon Athletic Club for students enrolled at Glendon
- Graduate students wellness and counselling
- Health tips and resources from Health Education & Promotion
- Mental health and accessibility for students enrolled at Glendon
- Student health insurance info
- Well-being resources for students
- York University Psychology Clinic for virtual mental health support
Our Centre for Indigenous Student Services (CISS) provides academic, spiritual, cultural and physical support to Indigenous-identifying students. CISS offers programs, Indigenous resource videos, help navigating Indigenous scholarships, awards and bursaries, events & activities, and much more!
Check out these other Indigenous resources:
- Indigenous Students Association at York Facebook
- Osgoode Indigenous Students Association Facebook
- Campus Associations & Service Partners
- Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training
- Off-Campus Aboriginal Organizations
- Indigenous Framework
- Land Acknowledgement
If you’ve experienced emergencies or a crisis, such as a serious medical illness or a death of an immediate family member, York has several services you can access to help.