Student Advising at York
Advisors across the institution are here to support and empower you throughout your academic journey. From understanding degree requirements and student accounts, to resume support and study permit information, there is an advisor who can help you find the information you need.
The advising office you go to will depend on the topic you’d like to discuss, your campus, Faculty and program.
Need to get into a class?
Use the Course Contact Directory to find your department contact. Courses are listed alphabetically by Faculty, Subject and Department.
There are five main types of advising at York
Academic Advisors within your faculty can help you understand your:
- Degree requirements
- Academic decisions
- Program changes
Find your Academic Advising Team.
Are you an international student?
Immigration Advisors at York International can help guide you through:
- Study permits
- Working in Canada
- Internships/co-op placements
- Post-graduation work permit
Find your immigration advising team
Are you a Schulich student? Find your team here
Visit the Career Centre Team for advice on:
- Career exploration and pathways
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Interview skills and networking
- Connections with employers and employer events (career fair, volunteer fair, etc.)
- Alumni mentorship
- Experience York Job Board
Find your team at the:
Varsity Student Athlete Advising
Visit the Varsity Team for advice on:
- USport and OUA eligibility requirements
- Course selection and schedules
- Athletic financial awards
- Career and sport planning
- Student athlete success and support (including counselling and wellbeing)
Learn more about the Providing Athletes with Winning Strategies (PAWS) program.
Still have questions? Ask SAVY.
If you have questions about your student journey, SAVY can support you by answering questions on over 500 topics about academics, services, opportunities available on York’s campuses and more! If SAVY can’t answer your question, it can point you in the direction of a person who can.
You can ask SAVY a variety of questions, including topics such as:
- How to connect with an advisor;
- enrolment, courses, grades and exams;
- financial aid and services;
- academic advising referrals;
- important dates and deadlines;
- mental health, safety and well-being;
- career support;
- campus events and student life;
- campus services, such as the Bookstore and Library Services;
- and much more!